Friday, November 7, 2008

Ride home

So we were only 45 minutes from home tonight when we had a little delay. I looked in my rear-view mirror to see those wonderful red and blues. I said, "shit" and pulled over. Then it dawned on me that I was slowing down to get ready to stop so I couldn't have been speeding. Well apparently my driver's side headlight was out. When he finished running my DL he came back and asked what I was doing tomorrow. I thought maybe he was asking me out, lol. I said, "well first off, I have to replace my headlights and side mirror (a few weeks ago a hay bale flew off a truck and broke my mirror). He asked if there was a tag agency close by. I said there was. He then told me that I might want to get my DL renewed. Apparently it expired on halloween. So not only was I driving with only 1 headlight, but I had an expired driver's license. He didn't even give me a warning and was one of the nicest officers I've had to meet. Either way, we made it home safe and hopefully will have a good weekend.

No comments: