Friday, August 22, 2008

Weekend is here

Well I officially changed my thesis project. I through out one chapter that didn't work out (skeletochronology). However, I added a chapter that involves looking at sperm on the scanning electron microscope (yes, I gave in and am now a spermatologist too). I practiced (as Trauth called it) on the SEM all day Wed. I practiced so much that I took pictures of 45 sperm from one animal. I hope that at least 30 of them are good enough for my project.

Yesterday I started looking through all the slides I have been making. For those, I just need a regular light microscope. So far I have been finding what I had hoped to so that part of my project should work out pretty well.

Well yesterday I got roped into teaching, AGAIN!!! This is going to be my 7th semester teaching. Unless the schedule changes, I will be teaching 3 sections of Human Structure & Function I and 1 section of Microbiology for Nurses. It won't be too tough of a semester though since I don't have to take any classes. Today we (all the TAs) had to help clean and prep the labs. It was pretty easy and didn't take too long.

This afternoon we heard from Lauren that it was going to be a river weekend so we hurried to pack and are leaving for the river house in about 10 or 15 minutes. So we are off on another Spring River adventure.

No comments: